Sunday, May 26, 2019

Song to Setirov

The fury of the sky is before me.
It comes like the shock of noon,
Slaying shadows.

The fury of the sky is before me.
It comes like a great wave,
Washing sweet the shore.

The fury of the sky is before me.
Like the heart of a one
Whose knows both death and life.

Who is the fury of the sky?
Whose is the breath of its song?
Whence comes the holy wind?

The rapture of the sky is above me.
Like the moment when I turn home
From a long journey.

The rapture of the sky is behind me.
It carries me onward
Like a leaf borne on the wings of a storm.

The rapture of the sky is around me
In life and in death.
Into it my soul shall pass singing.

Who knows the sky’s rapture?
Where can I hear his song?
When can I run with the holy wind?

Only you, Lord Setirov,
Lord of the breath of the earth,
Can teach me the song that follows you
Into the fury, the rapture, the holy wind of the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment