Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Meet Me In Westernmost

In Westernmost the trees grow tall
Above the roads as white as bone.
The winds that blow there smell of all
Lost lands that winds away have blown.
And there’s a table laid for me
With bread and cheese and sweetest wine.
And that’s a place where I’ll be free
To be with you and call you mine.
I’ll meet you there, though roads be long,
And paths alone, and ways be lost,
Just follow when you hear this song
In Westernmost.


In Westernmost the storms may blow,
The rain may fall, the sun may burn,
When I get there I’ll let you know.
But if they do at least they’ve learned
That there’s a climate meant for me
With nights as long as seven days
With moon so bright that you can see
The ways before you anyways.
I’ll wait you there and learn to trust
That you can find your way alone:
Your path leads there as all paths must
That lead you home,
To Westernmost.


In Westernmost they still have stars
They hang but inches overhead.
They catch them in a mason jar
Upon a table by the bed.
And there are drinks by firelight.
The very water tastes like wine.
And there is shelter long as night
May last, and it lasts for all time.
So lay your boots outside the door,
Your clothes upon the hearth to dry.
And in my arms forevermore
Come home to lie
In Westernmost.

No comments:

Post a Comment